***Warning***….If you are newly married or in a new relationship…this WON”T apply to you…as you have not entered this stage in your relationship yet. Once you start wearing sweats around the house most of the time…come back and read this post!
Girls….particularly my married friends out there…..I’m just going to lay it out there. If you have been married for more than a year, we ladies tend to relax in the primping area. Especially if we are just staying home. Don’t get me wrong….when I get home from…well, just about anything, I, too, immediately change out of my restricting high heel boots and constricting jeans, into my “comfy pants” just like you…but when we are spending more time in our comfy clothes than not, its time for a What Not To Wear like intervention! A wake up call, if you will.
To battle this slacker tendancy I am going to challenge you to invoke a strict monthly schedule of SDN…Slutty Dress Night. What is this, you ask? This is a night to shed the comfy pants in lew of the the most low cut, short and sexy dress and the highest pumps you can find, have a candle light dinner at home, and see where the night goes from there.
I know, I know! You have so many reasons why this sounds un-doable and kind of obnoxious. Well…that is the point! Think if it as a night of dress up! We all have dresses and heels in the closet waiting to see the light of day…and if we don’t make occasions to show off the goods, we might never do it! Ask yourself….When was the last time I pulled out the false eyelashes, Victoria Secret push up bra, had a candle light dinner and had a lovely conversation with my man…all while he desperately tries to make eye contact?
A while? More than a month? Its time!
I’m going to lay out your plan for Success for Slutty Dress Night.
- Get a Date on the Calendar with Babysitting
- Get your Booty to Ross and find your Slutty Dress. I like to find mine at Ross, Marshalls or TJMaxx. For $9.99, you can throw your man a bone, and he will gladly hand over the cash. :) I challenge you to go for something you would NEVER wear in public…something too tight, too short and too low cut. Something that you feel sexy in! That’s the whole point. This dress is for your man’s eye only. :) What’s his favorite color? Red? Look for a red dress. Don’t worry if you feel a little self conscious….if it shows your curves, you are on the right track!
- Find your highest heels. Dust them off and Shine those puppies up!
- Get out your False Eyelashes and your eye shadow! Here is a great tutorial about how to apply Victoria Secret over the top make-up! If you aren’t confident about it, watch this and just have some fun (even if your man has never seen your with this much make-up…I guarantee that he might like it for one night a month!)
- Give your Hair Some Serious Volume…Curling Iron, Teasing and Hair Spray, or…just follow this tutorial:
- Set the table with your favorite table cloth and use your favorite plates that never come out of the cupboard.
- Light your candles & play some romantic music.
- If you serve chicken nuggets and french fries…I promise, your man won’t mind! He will most likely be taking in the view and will not remember anything about the meal. Don’t stress about this part…IT DOESN’T MATTER!!!!!!
- Have 3 questions ready for discussion for your lovely conversation (avoid chatting about the every day stuff…and no talk about kids and money!) Pick a few, and both of you answer. Just a few I suggest:
- What was your favorite date that we have gone on?
- Where would you like to go on vacation next?
- Tell me 3 things you like about me.
- What is one thing that surprised you about me when we first met?
- What is one thing I could do regularly that would make you feel loved?
- What is an activity that we have never done together that you would like to try?
- Where do you see us in 5 years?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What is on your Bucket List?
- Tell me 1 Childhood memory that I have never heard.
After this point, its up to you….
The most important thing…..Give your man your undivided and flirtatious attention.
Our husbands do so much for us…sometimes we forget, or take them for granted…Now is your chance to remind him what a special, amazing man he is…and how much you appreciate him. If you do nothing else…FLIRT!!!
Go get em girls…and send me a message at Kaylee@eylanderphotography, or leave a comment and tell me how it goes!