Well…I have been married for almost 9 years to the best guy around. He is tall, sporting a lovely head of hair and he knows me like no body else. He is such a great dad. I love him even more when I see him wrestle with the kids, tickle them until they declare they are going to pee their pants…but most of all…I love it when he sings to them. He has such a great voice…and I still remember the first time I heard him sing Sweet Child Of Mine to little newborn Estelle. He has such a talent as a baby whisperer….so if you are ever frustrated with not being able to get your little one to settle down, hand him over to Drew and he will put them to sleep in no time.
My Top Ten Things I love about Drew as a Dad:
1. He is so stinkin funny! I love that we can both see the humor in the funny things our kids do!
2. He has taken on the role of putting our kids to bed every night. He decided this long ago and after we have family snuggle time on our bed….he lifts them up and takes them off to bed. I love it!
3. He is a great teacher. He has taught our kids endless things…bike riding, writing their names, how to golf, tieing shoes…..endless patience this man has!
4. He is a great cook! He can pump out an amazing omelette with bechamel sauce like its nothin!
5. He is a hard worker. He has owned his own tile & stone installation business for 7 years and has been super successful.
6. He is great at Business and is teaching our kids to be the same. He teaches our kids the principals they need to possibly own their own businesses someday…like being creative, good customer service and working hard.
7. He is still learning and isn’t set in his ways. He recently has taken up the hobby of coupon clipping and craigslisting.
8. He’s hot. :)
9. He is super smart….and amazes me with his wisdom and how he teaches our kids all the time!
10. He is a Godly man and is instilling in our kids that we can and should rely on God for our finances, wisdom and strength.
I’m so thankful that God has brought me a man that is someone I can be so proud of! Drew…you are such a great husband and father! Love you!!
For Father’s Day we went up to Kayak Golf Course and hit some balls at the driving range. Drew has been taking Estelle golfing since she was about 4 and this girl loves to spend time on the course with her dad. We had fun!
If you are looking for some not-so-typical family pics….maybe going to the zoo, the beach or maybe just making your traditional saturday morning pancakes….A Slice of Life Session would be perfect for you! :)