I have a thing for seeing value in stuff…all kinds of stuff. You know…like old nasty china cabinets on the side of the road…with a “FREE” sign on it. It was dark, ugly and totally 80′s. I knew that if I could just get my hands on it…and convince my husband to pick it up for me in his truck…there was something beautiful under all that nastiness. I slapped some white paint on it, put a clothes rod inside and boom…it was a new closet for my baby (who is 9 now!!). We still have this piece and are always get asked where we got it! Uh….on the side of the road??? :)
Anyway!! Back to DIY Stuff! I love the idea of saving your tin cans (from taco soup I have about 6 cans!) and then turning them into something beautiful…for your wedding or for your house!
Here are some of my very favorite Tin Can DIY Wedding Ideas that I found on Pinterest!
1. DIY Hanging Tin Can Back Drop: Using the same flower to fill each can unifies the look and makes it look put together…even though these were literally saved from going into the garbage can. They look so elevated and sparkly in these images!
Here is another example of hanging tin cans. these ones have all white flowers and a brown ribbon added for some extra color.
3. I love these copper color painted Tin Cans. You could literally do this in any metal color…Gold, Matte Silver, Copper. …or whatever other color you please!
4. Tin Cans With Lace and ribbon. You could use whatever matches your wedding (or house, for that matter) They bring a relaxed, but still put together feel to the centerpiece. I think I may just steal this Idea for a summer evening dinner party! I love these!!
5. Painted Tin Can Vases: Same tin cans…just painted! Just another way to bring color to your wedding reception tables.
6. Stripped Painted Tin Can: All you need to do to get this graphic and modern look to your tin cans is wrap a piece of painter’s tape around the can before painting it. You could get different widths of tape for variety.
7. Bedazzled Tin Cans: I love the idea of playing up the sparkle of these tin cans by adding some pearls and jewels to the outside of these. Add a little Glam to your DIY.
8. Rope covered Tin Cans: Here’s a Nautical twist to the TIn Can vase….and it couldnt be more easy, just wrap rope around it and secure with hot glue. I love the way it looks with plain white hydrangeas.
9. Here is another easy take on the tin can…just cover with a birch bark! I love the way these look with the bright green mums!
10. Mini Herb Garden Favors! This one is a perfect idea for foodie brides! I love the idea of doing a magnetic paint on the wall and using this for a visual back drop before guest take them away! Love it!