I had so much fun making this DIY Pallet Jewelry holder. Check out the full tutorial over on Kaylee Eylander DIY!
In Category: ‘DIY Wedding Projects’
I have a thing for seeing value in stuff…all kinds of stuff. You know…like old nasty china cabinets on the side of the road…with a “FREE” sign on it. It was dark, ugly and totally 80′s. I knew that if I could just get my hands on it…and convince my husband to pick it up for me in his truck…there was something beautiful under all that nastiness. I slapped some white paint on it, put a clothes rod inside and boom…it was a new closet for my baby (who is 9 now!!). We still have this piece and are always get asked where we got it! Uh….on the side of the road??? :)
Anyway!! Back to DIY Stuff! I love the idea of saving your tin cans (from taco soup I have about 6 cans!) and then turning them into something beautiful…for your wedding or for your house!
Here are some of my very favorite Tin Can DIY Wedding Ideas that I found on Pinterest!
1. DIY Hanging Tin Can Back Drop: Using the same flower to fill each can unifies the look and makes it look put together…even though these were literally saved from going into the garbage can. They look so elevated and sparkly in these images!
Here is another example of hanging tin cans. these ones have all white flowers and a brown ribbon added for some extra color.
3. I love these copper color painted Tin Cans. You could literally do this in any metal color…Gold, Matte Silver, Copper. …or whatever other color you please!
4. Tin Cans With Lace and ribbon. You could use whatever matches your wedding (or house, for that matter) They bring a relaxed, but still put together feel to the centerpiece. I think I may just steal this Idea for a summer evening dinner party! I love these!!
5. Painted Tin Can Vases: Same tin cans…just painted! Just another way to bring color to your wedding reception tables.
6. Stripped Painted Tin Can: All you need to do to get this graphic and modern look to your tin cans is wrap a piece of painter’s tape around the can before painting it. You could get different widths of tape for variety.
7. Bedazzled Tin Cans: I love the idea of playing up the sparkle of these tin cans by adding some pearls and jewels to the outside of these. Add a little Glam to your DIY.
8. Rope covered Tin Cans: Here’s a Nautical twist to the TIn Can vase….and it couldnt be more easy, just wrap rope around it and secure with hot glue. I love the way it looks with plain white hydrangeas.
9. Here is another easy take on the tin can…just cover with a birch bark! I love the way these look with the bright green mums!
10. Mini Herb Garden Favors! This one is a perfect idea for foodie brides! I love the idea of doing a magnetic paint on the wall and using this for a visual back drop before guest take them away! Love it!
2. I love the idea of spray painting good old mason jars for flowers. You can pick these up at your local hardware store, or even better…the goodwill for about 20 cents each! Adding varying shapes and sizes will add visual interest.
3. Here’s another great example of different vessels and vases that are brought together by a little bottle of spray paint!
4. I stinking LOVE the idea of spray painting these apple Gold! It brings some glam and surprise to this table setting and I love it!!
5. Spray painting branches can either add a pop of color, or in a monochromatic palette it adds texture and height to your centerpiece.
6. I love the idea of spray painting dollar store glasses, funny faces or mustaches to give to your guests. Use them for table settings and it would be amazing in photos!
7. I want these huge letters for my house! Cut big letters out of foam core , spray paint, add lights and you’ve got a great feature for the walls at your wedding day.
8. DIY Chalk board Menu Signs: These are so cute…and so stinking easy to make! All you need to do is find some great mirror s or frames, take out the middle and spray with chalk board spray paint (YES!! They have this!! Its so stinking easy too!!) , then spray the frames a color that matches your wedding. I love that you can use these all around your house when you are done using them for your wedding.
9. DIY Chalkboard Tin Table Numbers: Start collecting tins from the goodwill or garage sales and start spray painting! These would be super cute gift boxes for bridesmaids as well!
10. DIY Spray Painted Letters: Just another thing you can do to pick up at Hobby Lobby and spray paint in gold, silver or a color that goes with your theme…and these would be super cute on your mantle after the wedding. I have just a few E’s floating around my house.
11. DIY Spray Painted Pop Cans! I can’t even tell you just how much these made me happy when I saw them! These spray painted cans for the getaway car a cute and are so fun for pictures!! I love that they are connected to the car with real ribbon as well.
One of my favorite DIY wedding trends lately is the whole Japanese Washi Tape trend. This cute, happy tape comes in just about every color, print and style you can think of! Here are just a few styles I found with a quick search and you can find it at your local Hobby Lobby and Michael’s.
Here are a few of my favorite DIY Washi Tape Wedding Ideas that I found on Pinterest! I’m super excited to transform some of these ideas to my own home!
1. Washi Tape & Painted Glass Bottles for Centerpieces. Just start collecting bottles and glass jars, spray paint to your liking, then add washi tape in whatever color matches your wedding….and fill with coordinating flowers. I LOVE this idea for a spring wedding. Something about it just says fresh and spring!
5. Washi Tape & Glassine Envelopes for Favors.
Put these at your Candy Bar and let your guests choose their favorite candies or fill them up before the wedding and have them ready to grab as they head out the door.
6. Washi tape and mini glass bottles. This is a super cute idea for favors at the table. You could place these a at each place setting for your guests to take home.
7. Washi Tape Flags: for cupcakes, drink stirrers or even cute center pieces! Just take wooden dowels or skewers and add washi tape to the top!
8. Washi Tape Mini Garland. Add Washi tape to string to use for a little festive garland for your cake topper or add to invitations or menu cards.
9. Washi Tape, Glassine Envelopes and Giant Confetti! These would be so cute at each guests’s seat at the ceremony, and as the bride and groom are announced, the guests could toss some love up into the air! Or…you could have this as you leave your reception! So fun! Makes for GREAT photos!!
One of my favorite wedding trends right now is the use of all kinds of fun eclectic jars, vases, books, candle sticks and cameras for DIY fabulous center pieces! I love that no two tables look the exact same and its a way you can really incorporate your own tastes, interests and style. Here’s just a few that I found on Pinterest!!!
If you are looking for a wedding photographer who is just as excited about your fun creations and diy wedding details….Look no further! I would love to shoot your wedding….and hear all about your crafts…every step of the way! I LOVE DIY wedding details and would love to hear all about yours! Email me at Kaylee@eylanderphotography.com and tell me all the deets!!